3/19/12

texture tuesday

I have two images to share for Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday.  {ED -oops - I just went to post my link and it's a black and white day!  I got my wires crossed somewhere.  Sorry, but I'd already done these, so my theme is... yellow?}


The ubiquitous flower picture - obviously I chose daffodils for spring and used Kim's texture Phoebe two ways (she offers free ones regularly).  I converted one layer to black and white and the second I changed the hue to a pinkish tone, blended one at hard light, one at soft light and reduced opacity.


I tried again trying for that whitewashed look Kim seems to achieve so effortlessly - me, not so much.  For one thing I tend to gravitate toward saturated colors but sometimes that white look is kinda cool.  I still don't quite know how to achieve it....maybe I need white flowers?  Above I added another texture layer Stamped Softly at linear light 30% and it became somewhat whiter/brighter.  Instead of being romantic and soft it just seems a little blurry and washed out....hmmm.


This second image is a photo I took on a trip to China and I used the rusty vignette texture at vivid light 100% and erased the coverage over the building.

Be sure to check out other texture offerings at Kim's site.

By the way, I've added some new images and collages for purchase in my ETSY shop - hope you'll visit and check it out.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Beautiful images :). I'm a bit confused though. It is Monday isn't it? Please don't tell me I've missed a day.
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo Terrie! Love your photos with the texture. I think you achieved that "whitewashed" look. I'm not really sure how to do that either, I just mess around until I like it. LOL Let me know if you get some good tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:24 AM

    wow, you are participating in so many things. I love that first photo. Must admit to loving the color pop and the way the rest of the flower seems to soften and fade. China building shot is great too. Like a great monolith in the sky. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your editing....these are beautiful shots...

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful Terrie, mix up or not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The texture really changed the feel of the photo- the flowers have so much more depth with it! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful photos. love your lovely texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love visiting, to see what you've done with your photography. I'm enjoying learning and I appreciate your clear explanations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Terrie! I am playing a game of blog tag and tagged you. If you visit my post today you will see it - I hope you will play along. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!