3/5/12

texture tuesday: happy heart

I loved this theme and this texture.  Kim at Kim Klassen Cafe offered a simple challenge this week - use her free texture Happy Hearts somewhere.

As I was thinking of what photo to play with this week, I realized that with a texture named Happy Hearts, the photo had to include my husband......since he makes my heart absolutely happy.

Original image (we were going out):



I used Happy Hearts at soft light 70%, duplicated it and used it at multiply 45%. Somehow it seems they should cancel each other out...one lightens, one darkens, but without both, the photo was either too washed out or too dark.  Then I added Kim's Pink which put some texture on the blank wall.  I erased around our faces a bit at reduced opacity to remove most but not all of the textures.

There are lots of talented participants on Texture Tuesday - check 'em out.

11 comments:

  1. You make a beautiful couple :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never used textures on photos with faces, however your image is wonderful. I'll have to give it a try. Great image and beautifully edited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a soft effect you achieved on such a handsome couple. Like Lauri, I'll have to give texture a little face time.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo and wonderful texture work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photo! The texture adds dimension to an already great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful photograph of the two of you....I love the changes you made...

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect texture for a happy couple . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful photo of two VERY happy hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your texture wok, Terrie. Hehas the greatest smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a handsome couple you make. Great photo work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Handsome hubby, the texture looks like hand textured plaster walls, very cool. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!