3/13/12

woyww #145

Okay, no it's not my 145th time to participate, but it is the 145th edition of What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday hosted by Julia at Stamping Ground.  It appears everyone identifies it by this number, not the number of times they've participated, so I'll join the crowd (it's my 10th time).

This week has been fairly busy creatively:  I've completed the zentangle challenge, a couple of digital art challenges, worked in my art journal more than usual and am muddling through a new collage (or two).  Oh yeah, I've finished the next stage on my first altered book.

My work table:


Here are my most recent journal pages and the diamond stencil is the first I've cut for myself using my new tool.  To the right of the journal is that purplish green square....it's a piece of that rubberized shelf liner for the kitchen that has an interesting texture when paint is spritzed on it (I used it on these journal pages on the upper right in between the pink streaks and on the lower left on the diamonds).  Also, remember my little soap box "canvas" that was covered in music sheets? There it is at the top of the pic with the next layer added....

 This is the same busy desk showing my progress on my altered book and the niche all glued together.  (free lessons provided by Elizabeth at Altered Book Lover, join in!)

I'm off so see what other busy folks are up to....


16 comments:

  1. Your altered book niche is cut so carefully & the pages line up- I have struggled with that! Great idea about the shelf liner and spray inks! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally loving all of the goodies and supplies found on your work desk, Terrie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fantastic stuff going on! Happy playing and happy WOYWW! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the effect you have got using the kitchen rubber mat thingy - sure I have something like that... will have to search it out now!! LOL Lovely craftiness going on, your desk look lovely and busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your home made stencil, and your journal looks good, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo I so love to see other artist's creative spaces! I would just love to snoop through all of your stuff! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quickly watching all those lovely desks!!
    Have a happy WOYWW Wednesday :)))
    Watch mine too, I've an awesome announcement on my BLOG(click)
    Hugs Marleen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking journal love your homemade stencil, great idea, lovely creative desk, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making good progress on the journal. I did my niche today, as you could tell if you saw my gel covered fingers. Yours is the second mention of a stencil cutter today - and the diamond shape is a classic.

    ann B
    #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the look of your journal very much and amazing stuff you have on your work space! Thanks for the snoop. Regards, Anne #47

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would just love to flip through those pages in person, the journals are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. woo hoo, now it's on to decorating your niche!! Looking forward to seeing it! waving hi from the warm and sunny hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh Terrie, it's all about texture and colour today, the light in your room seems fab and the desk is soooooo inviting. I know I shouldn't be nticing the really trivial stuff, but here's an observation...the company that makes Country Crock must have the market share in whatever it is.. I see so many of their tubs on US desks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh lots of lovely colour and texture going on. Fabulous! Take care, it's Thursday but I'm still snooping the WOYWW desks & loving every minute of it! Zo xx 33

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so, so in love with your stencil. Of course, I know I've got some of that kitchen stuff, too, just don't know where it is now that my basement craft space has changed so much.

    Your niche is perfection. I'm so impressed. Love it. Had to laugh at Julia's comment. Sorry. You'll never see Country Crock on my desk. I'm a REAL BUTTER gal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A bit late making the rounds but I just had to tell you that your pages are awesome. I love finding objects around the house that I can use as stencils! thanks for sharing Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!