3/5/12

collage monday

Donna over at Simply Me shares her journal pages and collages and today threw out the challenge to create a collage in monochromatic colors.  It just so happens that this weekend I made my first "scrap" collage using up some of the bits and pieces of paper on my work table.  And, it's pretty monochromatic.  My double journal page from the weekend:


Okay, maybe not as monochromatic as I thought (Donna's was much more green...though you could use any color) - I thought it was mostly green but I forgot that I laid down the watercolor background, which is mostly blue.  Oh well - it's a lot of green :)


I used scrapbook papers, bits of my junk table protector paper (the spattered stems), a piece from an address book (the circle of floral), etc.  It actually was a pretty fun exercise.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pages--so much beautiful texture. You can't help but smile. And what lovely lettering...

    Thank you so, so much for your kind comment on my last post. Those quotes are fantastic. I so appreciate you sharing those with me. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up, this is so much fun and makes me smile! xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!