3/8/12

PAF: something hidden

Bonnie at Pixel Dust Photo Art issued a real creative challenge this week for PAF (photo art Friday) - your image should have "something hidden", something not readily apparent when you look at it.  Hmmmm.  Even with her examples, it was a challenge and took plenty of trial and error on my part.  Here's what I imagined:

Titled it:  Journey



I tried to have increasingly subtle layers of visibility, hinting at what's underneath......  I added the circles at various opacities to mimic the one on the map which is circling Kokomo, IN, my husband's home town.

SPOILER ALERT:  The following image shows all the layers I used in my composite, so look at it first and see if you can discern the "something hidden in plain sight" before looking at the next image.  Let me know in the comments if you guessed right.





Original images used:


So, here's my work order:
 In PSE7 map is first layer, duplicated at hard light 55%, next is the circles, then the water at multiply 90%, the rainbow at vivid light 65% (and dark trees erased), duck at normal, and finally trees at hard light 87%.  Hope you like the results.  Visit other photographers and see what they've hidden by visiting Bonnie's site.





24 comments:

  1. love all the layers, the lines from the map at the top, the very subtle lighter colour of the rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I missed the rainbow...
    Your end result is very pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great Terrie, and it looks as if the rainbow is reflected in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rainbow and the circles....This is a beautiful edit....I love how all the layers stack up to make such an awesome picture...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever, I would not have got this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, the results are really great! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative...I didn't see the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! love the way you assembled the different shots. Great thinking to use a map in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed the rainbow and also saw a turtle near bottom left of the picture except he's got a nobbly bit on the top of his head.......
    Terrific results. Happy PPF. Have a great weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post-processing.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. This struck me right away as i took one similar but don't know when I'll post it. Your color values are superb..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun to search for the hidden elements on this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful image - I love the effects of the map. I missed the rainbow, but I was able to find everything else. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never even thought of a map -- very creative. Great combination of images. Reminds me of the little puzzles we did when we were children......"how many animals can you find in the trees?"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:28 AM

    Great job. The rippling water is great. You're way more organized than me by actually naming your layers and getting a screen shot. I mash everything together so much, I can't remember what I did. lol
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is quite a concoction, Terrie.
    Very interesting to see what the layers do to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a fabulous job with your piece. I loved the subtlety of the map in the image. I had to look again to find the rainbow but I found it. Also thought there was a face in the upper portion but that wasn't in your thumbnails so maybe I'm seeing things!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous1:43 PM

    Clever composite. I did not see the map.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did a fabulous job...I missed the rainbow. Very creative.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very clever and successful edit Terrie! I had to click on the image to enlarge to see the map - great idea. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with PAF.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great result! I really love the rippling effect of the water image.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice, Terrie. Thanks so much for sharing the process, also. Didn't look below and after zooming in saw that it was a map - always enjoy painting over maps, too. This is great. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so lovely and a wonderful inspiration to me, I am struggling with this challenge but I see different approach now. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really, really love this piece Terrie! You've outdone yourself with this one!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!