3/29/12

paf: path or road

I haven't had the time to play along with Bonnie's Photo Art Friday themes the last couple weeks, but found myself missing the fun of manipulating my photos and stretching my computer wings so to speak.  So I made time to play at least for a few minutes.  This week's theme is path/road so I'm using this photo I took in Vermont last year.

Original:

The result using Bonnie's Chinks of Light at soft light 65%.  I takes away some of the richness of color but gives it a sunny, brighter look - the squares in 'chinks' are totally lost in the busy photo.

Added another layer: Bonnie's Backlight (overlay 55%) which brightens it even more and makes it have a sun kissed look.

Copied the original image, changed it to black and white then reduced opacity to leave just a hint of color; added one last layer:  Shadowhouse Older Than Dirt, overlay at 100%.

The path seems a little more sinister to me now.....  This was fun - haven't played with my textures in a while - sure wish there were more hours in a day!


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful original shot Terrie. I love how the mood changes so dramatically in your experiments. Your textured images are so inspiring. You have a wonderful eye and a great gift. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:48 AM

    The processing can certainly change the atmosphere of your original. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Nice work Terrie, I always struggle with these textures, never like how they come out, but I do yours. That b&w would make a nice setting for a mystery I think. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:06 AM

    I'm w/ you on more hours in a day... much needed!
    They're all so neat & I really like the ones that were made sunnier & I see what you mean about the last one... very mysterious path, now! LoL!

    Thanks a bunch for the tip on soft light, I need every little bit of help I can get my hands on! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot and I love all the processing you did, but my favorite is the last one. I haven't had much time to play with textures or even take that many photos lately...which makes me sad. Thanks for sharing.

    Capture Life!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. your fun brougt out very fine works. The last one looks like soon maybe there's a thunderstorm. Lovely ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic photo, and I love the way you chose the different textures to bring totally different ambiance to the original!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love seeing the sequence of edits! I like all 3 versions, but I think my favourite is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific photos, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a Wiz at manipulating i,mage Netty. I am in awe of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:26 PM

    Beautiful pictures and nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some great results from your "play" with this fabulous photo. - The B/W does look more menacing but I rather like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't fun to produce ART from play?!! You have a lovely touch with the way you apply textures Terrie. Thank you for sharing with PAF.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I had to pick a favorite it would be difficult. I think the second edit is the one that gets my attention, and the bottom image. A really lovely spot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful results! Gives me an idea of what's possible! I'm just starting to play with PSE, and your blog gives me inspiration and options to learn more with the many challenges you share and participate in. For that reason, I have just given you a Liebster award. Read more about it here : http://sweetleafnotes.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-blog-awards-share-love.html
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!