8/4/11

journal page: elements

This week Natty has prompted us to create pages about the elements.  Here's my take:
Using the tape and watercolor technique for the first two pages, I represented both fire and water at their simplest shapes and colors.  For the water page I just included words I associate with water.  As I thought about fire, I kept having song lyrics pop into my head, so that's my text:  Fire - Pointer Sisters; Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash; Light my Fire - Jose Feliciano; On Fire - Van Halen; Light My Fire - Doors; and Earth Wind and Fire.  I really like the way the colors blended on this page.




Wind made me think of swirls and eddies of air which seemed a perfect chance to use tangles.  

Finally, earth.  I used torn bits from magazine pages, a little green rice paper, and a junk mail envelope for the sky to create this simple collage.  The quote is from Picasso:  "The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web."  It seemed appropriate.

You can see what other talented folks have done to represent the elements at the flickr group here.

1 comment:

  1. These pages are great, and the elements are always a wonderful inspiration. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!