11/10/13

instagram

I got my first smart phone a few weeks ago and have been trying to learn all it can do.  I think I've got most of the phone functions figured out so now I'm moving on to the fun stuff.  Asked around about what apps are the best/most fun so have added some of those.

Then, of course, there's Instagram.  Which I see EVERYWHERE online.  Everywhere.  Originally I thought I'd never use it cuz, well, I feel like I'm already spread thin with my creative efforts.  But then I rethought it .....if I'm taking pictures anyway, why not have another way to share them?  So I now have an Instagram account.  I'm following a few folks (man are there some beautiful photos being taken!) but would love to add more of the art community buddies.  If you're on instagram, leave me a comment so I can follow you.

If you want to see what I'm up to, I'm  tpurk13. Because I'm such a newbie - share any how-to's or tips too.....it's not quite as intuitive as I hoped so I do a lot of "oops....that's not what I meant to do!"   For example, when I load a picture it seems to show up sideways.  How do I straighten it out or does it show up the right way when you view it (it always shows sideways to me)?  And, how do I get a picture off Instagram to share on my blog - I've seen others of you do that so maybe you can help me out. Stuff like that.

(this blog doesn't have any pics because I couldn't figure out how to get them out of Instagram! :)




4 comments:

  1. I *love* Instagram! I'll tell you what I know about how it works. Others may come along who know more, so don't take this as gospel.

    Always take pics in landscape. After you click, you can choose 'done' or the camera button to try again. After you click 'done,' turn your phone vertical and there's your pic. When taking the original picture, you gotta remember that it'll end up square and allow for those edges that will disappear.

    So crop it as you like by sliding the buttons on the square, then press upper right arrow to go to filters. I used to audition each one but now I kinda know which few I want to try with any given photo. On dark pics, try pushing the sun button at the top. It'll lighten things up.

    Upper right button takes you a screen where you can caption your photo and link it to other things - Facebook, Flickr, etc. I hooked up all 4 of them to get more mileage from my picture taking.

    I just started following you and it looks like you've figured most of this out. Love the sideways one of you LOL. To get them onto a blog, I just download from the phone to my computer cause I don't have my blog set up to post from my phone. There may be a slicker way but that's what I do and while I'm there, I download lots of other pics, not just Instagram ones. Have fun! I'm 52Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can't get to grips with taking decent pictures with my iPhone let alone using Instagram!
    Catching up with you today, loving your ADEM & I like the whole month of collage together...very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another talent to 'busy up' your days. No doubt you'll be an expert in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahaha! Good for you, Terrie!!! I 'supposedly' am on Instagram but don't know what I am doing so I don't play with it much! ~Nydia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!