7/13/11

journal page: fave flower


I made this floral page a couple weeks ago and kept saving it for the right prompt.  It arrived today:  Favorite Summer Flower!  Well, I love every flower....truly, can't think of one I don't like.  So then it became a matter of what I thought I could reasonably draw.  We grow dahlias in the yard, so I tackled that.  They're a bit stylized, but pretty recognizable I think.

I used my watercolors to create a random, colorful collection of daisy-like flower shapes, covered them all with gesso (I haven't used it a lot so wanted to experiment) and liked the faded effect it created.  Used black acrylic to add the strong flower on the right, then just waited for the right prompt.....the dahlias were colored in with my Inktense pencils and blended with water.

Thanks again Natty for the prompts and for the inspiration provided by all the other journalers participating!  It's such a pleasure to wander through all the other pages.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!