2/10/14

week 6 for 365-2

This week (Feb 3-9) I managed to stay creative:

#34 - working in my moleskin - quote lettering colored in with inktense watercolor pencils.
         The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.  If you ignore beauty, 
you will find yourself without it.  - unknown

#35 - rediscovering my long-neglected art journal - the backgrounds are brayer clean-off pages

#36 - starting an acrylic painting on a 12x12 canvas - I'm liking the layers in this early phase.....

#37 - some digital play with a photo I took of a clematis pod....

#38 - a little more complex digi art; started with a photo, added textures, scanned artwork of mine, changed colors and then added a scrapbooking element - the tree.  All the layers ended up looking like I wish my gelli prints would look :)  (the hint of a face is of a foo dog statue photo I took in China)

#39 - documented life, week 6 - create something inspired by a Pinterest image
Okay, this was hard!  I have thousands of images pinned on my boards and choosing one - sheesh.  I finally settled on something recent.  Donna Downey is having a class and shares her students' work on a theme - I played along.....
Inspiration:
Karen Clewell
Cheryl Fowler

Mine - collaged text pages for a base, acrylic paints.

#40 - progress on my dyptych
It's my first attempt at using deli paper and I'm a fan!  I wasn't sure it was the right kind (though I got it at Costco) and one side is waxy and the other side is matte.  So I used a marker and experimented writing on both sides, then used matte medium to attach to the canvas. The stripes were created with blue painter tape. Again - I like some portions and others, not so much.  More work needed.

Fun week with a variety of artsy things....hope you got to explore new things too!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful artsy week indeed. I would love to have been with you. page 38 made me smile I wish my gelli prints would look something like this too! Your lettering is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy as always. Learning more each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you're staying busy. I quite like the lettering and the red digital piece. The tree and moon spread is neat too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!