9/1/11

zentangle: kiss my grids

Challenge #37 from I am the Diva is to fill the tile with only grid patterns.


I think I probably cheated a little in the bottom one cuz shattuck (the center filler) is actually kinda curvy.  Oh well.  The gal at Enthusiastic Artist does something I think is great - she shares the names of each of the tangles she uses - that's been so helpful to me as a beginner because if I see one I want to try, I can look up by name and try to find the 'how-to'.  So, the patterns I used (that I know the name of) are - top:  background is cubine, facets, knightsbridge (checkerboard), demi, up & across, bales; bottom:  background is dex, carres, beeline, shattuck.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely tangles, the patterns are very elegant! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Terri! I agree about the tangle names...it is very useful to an non CZT like myself! Love your ABC Wednesday blogs...your use of English is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to visit you here at your lovely blog Terrie...you are very creative and talented...Love your doodling very much

    Wishing you and yours a happy September weekend!
    oxo
    p.s. thanks again for the lovely postcard in Natalea's postcard swap = Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the names of your patterns. It is a big help. Great tiles, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both of these very much. The first one looks very futuristic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both great, I especially like your second version with the little bubbles of Tipple flowing off the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri - I really like what you've done! Nice Tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on both tiles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!