2/13/16

london bridge

My sketching efforts continue - from photos again this time.  London's Tower Bridge from whatever bridge I was standing on.....

First effort - Found I ended up with some extra space in the horizontal bridge sections - don't like that big white stripe. I do like the loose watercolor treatment. I didn't put any of the horizon detail in, the little buildings and towers etc - will work on that.... Dan didn't like the teal bridge elements.... so I tried again.

Drawn with Platinum carbon pen & filled with watercolors instead of my usual Inktense. It's fun working with watercolors again - another thing the urban sketching group has inspired in me!

Original photo:

This is Dan's birthday weekend and Valentine's Day, so we're kinda busy - but I'm going to take my sketching stuff with me as we go out and I'll see what I can manage to do......


3 comments:

  1. Great work. You have no trouble simplifying....I do. Mind you, I think I'd have lost the parallel shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one best - much more lively than the second. And the bridge does have turquoise on it irl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one best - much more lively than the second. And the bridge does have turquoise on it irl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!