9/7/11

zentangle: paradox

Can I just say, I LOVE this tangle!  I love the complexity of the finished tangle, I love the concentration needed for me to complete it, I love exploring how to purposefully create a twisted column or fan shape.  Laura's Zentangle challenge this week (suggested by Maria I think) was to do a monotangle with paradox.  Here's my efforts...


I also love how just a little touch of shading can make such a difference and make the shapes just jump off the page.  I made a fairly major mistake in both drawings by losing my place in the turning of the lines, but because there's so much to see, they're hard to find.

Then, in my ongoing efforts to practice, I'm going back to the beginning of the challenges - here's #6, Breathe.  If you haven't tried tangling yet, this is a fun week to start - and don't be intimidated by the pattern; there's a complete and comprehensive and well written tutorial to help out!


Although maybe not filled with lots of recognizable tangles, this challenge was about breathing - slowly and deeply - and relaxing while playing with pen and paper.  I tried to keep focused on the breathing part, but my concentration kept kicking in - I like this looser style....

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty Paradox !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces are great, you are doing so well with your tangles! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your joy in creating shows in all three pages you've shared here. Great tangles! And, I really like "breathe" also

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! The first one looks like it's trying to run away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are beyond amazing! Wonderful!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Terri! I also got lost in mine a few times...i like the first one you did the best, not sure why though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terri, thanks for the lovely comments! My paradox was a square divided into quarters...opposite quarters were then quartered again - one with squares, the other with triangles..if that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh come on Terrie!! You are a crazy awesome tangler!! It never occoured to me to try to add taangles around the paradox!! I have much to learn! It took me forever to make my square!!

    I'd be glad to join you on your tangling quest!! I would love to work on the same one you are working on so we can share!!

    My email is drhayes1770 at yahoo dot com.
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tangles - the first one looks like it could start spinning at any moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!