9/11/11

Inspiring I - in Italy!


Italy - a place of interesting people, inspiring views, and informative guides.  Our visit 10 years ago was indisputably exciting.  We indulged in an inordinate amount of eating, invigorating walking, and important sight seeing.  We didn't get ill, didn't get invited to anyone's home, or injured in any way, but we did use our intelligence and intuition to interpret the maps and idioms of the language.  I guess that's enough tortured travelogue for one day....

Here are a couple of my fave photos from the trip - the photo quality isn't great; it was our first little point and shoot digital....

A canal in Venice....

The duomo in Florence - stunning church!


The detail of the roofline of a church in Florence.

Yep, THE leaning tower of Pisa - it's quite amazing to see, but the church and basilica on the grounds were more impressive.  The acoustics in the basilica was amazing!

Our hotel window in Rome.  I can't wait to go back and see even more of this beautiful country!

To further investigate the letter I, hop on over to ABC Wednesday and see what everyone's sharing.

6 comments:

  1. I got a kick out of that boot.


    sorry...

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Terrie, thanks so much for sharing.

    I am now your follower.

    Insects is my letter I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see absolutely wrong with these pictures. I often opt to use my point-and-shoot over my DSLR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:46 PM

    Good selection for I and Italy is everything mentioned Indeed !!

    Pheno, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I was hoping someone would post photos of Italy this week so thanks for coming through for me! :-) You did an Impeccable job. Your hotel was utterly charming, I love the architectural detail of the Florence church, and that photo of Pisa's Leaning Tower looks like a vintage tinted postcard! Lovely! My grandfather came from the village of Asciano di Pisa, not too far from the Leaning Tower. I long to visit Tuscany someday, especially Pisa and Florence, but in the meantime I appreciate the virtual visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!