9/26/11

texture tuesday: love




This is my first participation in Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday.  Although I have a few of Kim's delicious textures, I'm not always sure of the best way to use them.  So, to depict today's theme of love, I chose a picture of my son and his girlfriend. I actually took it off his FB page since I don't have any of the 2 of them. :)

I added 'fall-in' at multiply, 55% opacity and 'pourvous' text at hard light, 60% opacity.  I erased part of the pourvous that was over their faces and lightened it over the black jacket & hands.  The textured photo is different though I'm not sure it's necessarily better.  I like that it's warm and old looking but is it too strong?

I tried a few versions where everything was much brighter and washed out because I like those effects in other people's photos, but on this one somehow it always just seemed TOO washed out and bright.  I'm open to any and all feedback and suggestions - I really want to improve my use of textures, so any criticisms or observations are welcome.

If you like experimenting with your photo processing, check out Kim's Cafe and see the range of classes and tutorials she offers.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I love it!! How sweet. Great shot♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description is a foreign language to me, but that is a really cool effect! I really enjoy your blogs. -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of texture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!