The house is still quiet this morning, Dan's not up yet, no wind and rain, the cooking frenzy has yet to start, the guests haven't arrived. Just me and a few minutes to reflect on what I'm thankful for.
On Tuesday I made a pie-in-the-sky Santa wish list - it was fun, but I don't want to lose the gratitude for what I have in the wishing for things I don't have. So, today I make a Gratitude List.
I'm thankful for:
- my strong, loving, supportive husband, Dan
- my smart, funny, happy boys, A & E
- our health
- we're lucky enough to own a home (it's not worth much anymore, but we DO own it! :)
- our cars are paid for, we own every stick of furniture in the house, we have money in savings. I know many people can't say this and I'm SO grateful to Dan for keeping us on such a straight financial path (now if he could just find a job before we deplete those savings! - oh wait, that's a wish, isn't it?)
- we never go hungry (unless I'm dieting)
- friends and family that love and encourage us
- my best friend; what would I ever do without her?
- we're able to afford to replace my crashed computer so I can feed my internet addiction
- our travels - we've been able to visit some extraordinary places!
- the time and ability to pursue my relatively new-found interest in art
- my art room and its wealth of supplies and goodies just waiting to be turned into ..... something else
- blogging buddies that encourage, push, and constantly inspire me to try new things - THANK YOU!
I hope all of you in the US are enjoying a lovely Thanksgiving with family and friends; elsewhere - have a fabulous weekend!