2/6/12

texture tuesday: vermont bridge

Anything goes today over at Kim Klassen's Cafe blog - add any of her textures (lots of free goodies) to any of my photos.  Sometimes wide open is more challenging because I don't know where to start.  I randomly selected a vacation photo from Vermont and started playing.

Starting photo:


I started by duplicating the photo & applying soft light to boost the contrast.  Then I applied two PSE filters - paint daubs and cutout to give it a somewhat painterly look.  I then added two of Kim's textures - the free one from this week, Revolution, and Ugg Love with various opacity and blending modes used.

Final image:


Ugg love is a great crackle texture that kind of filled in the darks as if it were an old painting and the Revolution added that signature Kim light/bright warm coloration as well as vignetted the corners.

See what others have come up with at Kim's Cafe.  And check back on Friday when I'll use the same image but with Bonnie's textures and come up with a totally different effect!

7 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart of a covered bridge...and wonderful processing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Can't wait to see how it turns out with Bonnie's textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:03 PM

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:03 PM

    Love the bridge. I am a bit confused though. Are you using Kim's freebies as actual textures or as layers? The terminology has thrown me here as there are entirely different results, depending on how you use them.
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture! And for you to change it digitally is really fascinating to me!! I don't have a clue about stuff like that!! Really awesome!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great photo, Terrie. I love covered bridges and I like how you captured. Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice of texture. I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!