5/10/11

some new beginnings

I spent some time starting a few more experimental, learning collage bases. Working on being freer adding paint doodles, etc. and covering most of the watercolor paper with text/music so I'm not starting with a white piece of paper. These are 4x6 size.





Added a few things to the one below, starting to build the texture. The jigsaw pieces are from a yard sale find last weekend and the stamping is using stamps I made from found objects.




Will show some progress on these soon. Still have several in progress, so need to focus. I realize they would come together more quickly if I had a particular theme or plan or message instead of just randomly starting. I need to look at each of these at this stage and either find something I want to communicate or determine that they're exercises in learning a specific technique.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!