1/10/16

DLP - go out on a limb

This year I'm once again starting out participating in the DLP (Documented Life Project) as a way to create art within a theme, but also to serve as a sort of journal of my year. Now, I've started this for the last 3 years and not been able to sustain it so far.  Maybe this year.

The theme for the first month is : go out on a limb (try something new)  The first thing that came to mind for me is to try photo transfer. I know almost everyone else out there has already done this, but for me it's something that was somehow intimidating so I kept putting it off. This seemed a good time to give it a try.

 Started with a painted background and photo I took in Vermont.

 Tore the edge when I was smoothing out the bubbles - but, oh well.

 After drying overnight, I rubbed and rubbed till the paper was off.

I discovered I actually really like the process of this; I like the way my stamping shows through the background and the way the edges rubbed away.  Now I have to figure out how best to incorporate the technique into my mixed media efforts........


Tried a few other versions as well.  I didn't like the first one - I learned the dark background didn't translate well....all the detail got lost and it didn't work well with my background. But a good learning experience. 

Next time I'll share my beginning DLP pages.... Have a creative week!



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:58 AM

    Great to see you experimenting :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That worked well! Great to see you back on the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this photo transfer. it is something I have been thinking about but have never tried yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great - especially like the statue and the Eiffel. Photo transfers are cool, I usually love how they turn out. I like the not-perfect aspect of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!