Here are the images I started with:
Outside the Summer Palace, Beijing, China
Purposely blurred dahlia
Pipe at a construction site
This week I tried something different to show the process; let's see if it helps...
You can see from the steps above how changing the blending mode (that's the hard light/difference, etc notes) dramatically affected the color tones from one to the next. Even though I didn't care for the blue green colors that I got from "difference", I kept going and the addition of the hard light mode brought back the warmer colors from the dahlia. Though the work palette is too small, you can see I have 3 flower images stacked & erased, then I have the 2 tube pics layered on top of that and finally the two textures over everything.
See how creative others are this week by visiting Pixel Dust Photo Art.....even better, try it yourself. No harm, no foul....it's just for fun and to help improve your photo editing skills.