10/17/12

easy journal

One of the MMSA (mail me some art) prompts is to make a simple duct tape art journal to swap.  Since I've had this on my mind for months, this seemed the perfect opportunity to get it out of my head and see if I could make one and whether I'd like it.  This particular version is SUPER easy and truly anyone can make one.  So, if you'd like to swap, just click here for the guidelines (hosted by the ever supportive and creative Karen at I am Rushmore) and join in.  You still have 10 days!

By the way, if making a journal isn't your thing, there are lots of other options: postcards, ATCs, envelopes, etc.  I know she's planning on taking a break over the holidays, so if you'd like to get in on one more swap before the holiday madness crashes in, check it out..........

My journal:

Front cover, spine is decorative duct tape.

Right hand page is one of the decorative papers I started at my class with Jane Davies.





You can see the pages are different sizes, making for a really interesting 'edge' treatment.


Using some of my postage stamps from around the world.

I even experimented with sewing a pocket and making some tags.


This is only some of the pages, but you get the idea.  It was SO much fun and I hope whoever receives finds plenty of space to write and journal and even add to the page starts I've created.  Okay, Karen...it's coming your way!


17 comments:

  1. your journal is fabulous! love all the different pages and your little pocket.... really nicely done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thanks for the heads up re Karen's holiday break. I better get on a challenge quick!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:55 AM

    Fantastic Terrie...I am sure whoever recieves this in the swap will be thrilled!!!! How fun is this!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an impressive journal for little output. I love it, especially the duct tape you used. That will be one lucky recipient who gets this journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it was pretty darn quick and easy - and easily adaptable to any size wanted/needed. Maybe something for Christmas presents? hmmmm

      Delete
  4. This is really terrific!! I have not gotten to this point but I am saving the idea...I think it is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle, this is such an easy project, creative types at any level can do it. I used some pieces of scrapbook paper, plain cardstock, magazine pages and music pages. A little paint, stamping and coloring and you've got yourself a handmade journal. See Karen's example to see how easy it really is. Then try it - you'll like it!

      Delete
  5. oooh Terrie, what a fabulous book my lovely. You really can see how much fun you had making it, lol I bet you will be quite sad to see it go, ha ha what a great excuse to make another one for yourself!!!!!
    Huge hugs x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn - I did have a great time and hope others will see how easy and fun it can be. I'll definitely have to make one for myself - soon.

      Delete
  6. How interesting, I've never heard of a journal swap! I bet she will love adding to the one you created! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love getting peeps inside others' journals... these pages are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY... I AM LOVING THIS, Terrie!! :]
    I am inspired to create one.
    Yes, these are great Christmas gifts for artful friends... love the idea ~xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April - you know I keep trying to leave comments on your blog but can't seem to find where to do it anymore. Did you disconnect your comments?

      Delete
  9. That is soooooo cool Terrie. Your pages are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is soooo beautiful. I can't wait to hold that in my hands and really see every page. nice touch putting the ribbons on the spine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks really fun! I love all the different pages. Very inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful swap you've made! The pages are perfect for a journal- pockets too- the person who gets this one will be very happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!