5/16/12

may flowers #16 & journal pgs

Halfway through May with the flower-a-day for Lori Moon's challenge.....


I have a book about art quilts picked up at a yard sale and these flowers are elements from a quilt, then embellished with drawn stitches and swooshes of paint.


I made a few more generic pages, experimenting with ideas.  Above I doodled on a book page taken from my AB book and taped it over my dark background.  Below I opened the flap to expose a quote. Love my quotes!


The quote is perfect for this page since I don't particularly like it, but while you're deciding whether you do or not......I'm off making more! :)  Hope you're all enjoying flowers today (whether it's spring or fall where you are...down under...) and find time to make more art!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:45 AM

    Terri,

    Loving your beautiful journal pages... the bright colors, and cool techniques are joyful to the eyes. :-) Great work!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. those quilty flowers are really cool. drawn stitches are about the only kind of stitches I could handle. and that IS a great quote. I like the way flap and the page work together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page with the drawn stitches and flowers. Great lettering, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your picture with the flowers and the second ones hidden picture. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are simply wonderful Terrie! Your experiments and new techniques are getting bolder and more beautiful by the day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Terrie - I particularly like the page with the quotes. To me it has more depth than the flower one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am loving your enthusiasm! Moving right along, trying new things, stretching yourself...you are one awesome gal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Would love to see some actual stitching on these quilt flowers, that would be marvelous. Love you zentangle and word play. Good stuff Terrie. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrie...I love the quilt inspried piece!! The other journal pages are great too!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. i share your love for quotes - i like how you incorporate them into your art! the top piece with the quilt-like flowers is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quote pages are just awesome. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:53 AM

    Wonderful pages & great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pages - love those flowers! That quote is awesome!!! Thanks for playing along and joining in the flower fun this month. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the colours on the first one...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!