10/20/11

Found Textures

I've been on vacation for 10 days and so my posts here have been non-existent and my creations almost so.  I did a little tangling (will show in another post) but mostly used my camera to feed my creativity.  We were in Vermont being "leaf peepers" and enjoying the stunning autumn show.  If you'd like to see some of my photos of that great trip, you can see them on my flickr page or on my photography blog, PurkeyPages.

One of the first things I checked on my return is Kat's newest tutorial and challenge - the theme is one of my favorite subjects: Found Texture.  I love textural subjects though I struggle sometimes to show the texture to best advantage.  So here are a few of my favorite recent "texture" images.



A door to the capital building in Montpelier, VT.


I don't even remember where I saw this great wall but I had the idea that the textures would be perfect in a digital collage some day.

The texture on these fall leaves really captured my eye.

From smoothest water to rough water edge to rocky sand beach, a wealth of subtle textures (Alki Beach, Seattle)

I have lots of rusty pictures so I just picked a recent one that I particularly liked the way the shadows play up the edges.  I could go on and on, but in the interest of keeping your interest, I'll stop.  Thanks again Kat for so effectively explaining and demonstrating some great ideas for photographing texture!

Be sure to visit Kat at Kat's Eye View to see even more wonderful views of texture.

14 comments:

  1. Oooh love texture....love them all but especially love the top one, the look of weathered wood. I've never gotten any great texture photos but I'd love to try. :)

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos with wonderful texture! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I especially liked the details in the photos of doors.

    Bella Vida by Letty
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your textures Terrie! I too have lots of rusty texture to sort through. I love the last one, the way the shadows highlight and show the depth of that peeling. Wonderful. I'm so glad to have you link in to Exploring with a Camera again - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you found beautiful texture Terrie. Thanks for sharing and the visit. ^_^ Happy weekend!

    Found Texture

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous work! I LOVE that doorknob and the rust detail. (show us more rust!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos!... each a gem in its own way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great examples of texture! Very nice photos. Who would have thought that old rust and peeling paint could be so attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful images!! I love the light on the doors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos of texture! Wow! ~~ namaste, Carol ^_^ (A Creative Harbor) linked w/Exploring w/Cam

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful collection of textural images! My favorites are the first and the wave! Texture is so fun to look for :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great selection of textures! I really like the rock wall. and the rust.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great images, particularly love the first one and the shot of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the door knob picture. But I also have a thing for doors lately =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!